I am not a big fan of pumpkin carving. It's messy, sticky, stinky, time consuming and mine always turn out looking lame. However, pumpkin carving is a traditional Halloween activity and it doesn't feel right to not carve. Last year we carved watermelon. It was tasty and not so stinky but mine still turned out really lame! Plus, the shell of a watermelon is a quite thin which makes carving extra tricky.
Mine is on the left, go figure!
Well, this year David had a stroke of genius when he suggested that we carve a block of ice. What could be better than ice sculpting? Way better than carving pumpkins! Due to our lack of experience in ice sculpting we decided that sculpting a shoe would be enough of a challenge.
Isn't it impressive :)
I'm just not sure what to do with now...
4 comments:
I'm impressed!
I vote you put it out on your porch on Halloween. Best part - no clean up later.
That's funny! I think it was very smart to start out easy and work your way up to the really detailed sculpturing. I agree with Jamie, stick it outside with a candle burning on top on Halloween.
Oh my Crap!! That is so funny!! I love it!! :)
If you put it outside on Halloween, it will melt in a few minutes probably, since it got hot again!!
Haha..you guys crack me up!! Great idea!! I liked the pictures from the farm as well! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment