David and I just got back from a three day pioneer trek. I went on trek twice as a youth, but this time I was lovingly known as Mama Bean. David and I had been preparing for the trek since April and were so excited when it was finally time to go. We had 9 lovely pioneer children who were awesome. They called themselves the Bean Team and were troopers as we pulled the handcart a total of 22 miles. We weren't allowed to bring a camera on the trail but here are some pictures we took before and after.
Before
After
Although we came home dirty and exhausted, it's hard to describe how much fun we had. We really enjoyed getting to know the youth and sharing our testimony with them. I gained a greater appreciation for my own pioneer ancestors and all that they did for me. I think that I have had my fair share of trek experiences though :)
5 comments:
Did you sport that exact same braid the whole time you were there?? I am sure you were awesome parents. I think the one trek I went on was way more than enough for me. Kudos to you for making it through three!!
No I redid the braid for her up there. BEAN TEAM. ya'll are champs
What a pair! I'm so grateful that while cameras weren't allowed (and I'm wondering about the legality of deodorant), that sneakers under skirts were. You both looked good and happy :)
I love that they called you Mama Bean - adorable.
Ya! That's SO awesome!!!! Mama Bean you're wonderful.
Post a Comment