May 7, 2010

What do you think?

David and I are very similar in many ways. We have many of the same ideas and opinions and we love to do all the same things. However, there is one area that we differ... big time! It's FOOD! As many of you know, I am a pretty picky eater and don't really enjoy trying new foods. Some might even say that picky is an understatement, whatever. Basically, I just like very basic, plain food; nothing I can't pronounce and nothing I can't heat up in the microwave. David on the other hand, loves ALL kinds of food. Sometimes I feel bad because I only like about half, well maybe a quarter of the food he does and so he doesn't get to eat a very big variety of food.

For as picky as I am, David was shocked the first time he saw me make Mac & Cheese. Growing up my mom always served Mac & Cheese with a side of applesauce. Well, it became normal for me to mix the two together, kinda like a soup. Even today, I enjoy my Mac & Cheese mixed in Applesauce. David and some of his family, have given me a hard time about this interesting food choice. However, I came home from work the other day to find David eating what he called a, "Ramen Noodle Sandwich." Why would you even think to put Ramen Noodles on buttered bread? We "discussed" for a while about which dish is the weirdest and couldn't come to an unbiased conclusion. Therefore, I've decided to put it to a vote, which dish do you think is the strangest?



YUM!!



10 comments:

Jamie said...

In my opinion the Raman sandwich is weirder and here's my logic. He's only getting 1 food group - grains. At least with Mac&Cheese and apple sauce you are getting 3 - grains, fruit and dairy (if you can convince yourself the powdered cheese is actually some form of cheese.)

The Felix Family said...

I am not sure if I am an unbiased opinion or not because I know what Mac&Cheese and applesauce taste like and it's DELICIOUS!! but from those two pictures his sandwhich looks WAY better!!! I don't think you will be convicing anybody anytime soon by just looking at that bowl. I dare you to invite David's family over for dinner and whip that baby out, maybe their minds will change!

Nicole said...

Well I'm going to have to disagree with my lovely sister! I think the mac and cheese mixed with applesauce is weirder! There you are mixing sweet and savory which doesn't sound good to me. While the pic of the sandwich looks yucky, at least it's not mixing two completely different flavors.

Alexis said...

uhhhh the mac & cheese is defiantly better!!! Roman noodle sandwich?? that the?? ;)

Amanda Hansen said...

really david? ramen noodle SANDWICH? Just typing the words makes me want to vomit. Nasty!

Penny said...

Wow....I hope no one sees this as a reflection of either of your mothers cooking abilities.

Reid and Brittney said...

Ummm...this is interesting, David must have recently or in the near past invented that. Our mom definitely did not make those at our house, we would sometimes eat buttered bread on the side with the roman noodles but not together like that. I agree with Andrea, I dare you to serve the Mac and Cheese to my family, I would be interested to see how that goes...haha!! I only say that because I am not around...haha! So I guess what I am saying with this is they both don't look very good. Thanks for the laughs. We love you and miss you!!

Joanne said...

I find the mac and cheese interesting to say the least, would have never thought of that, I do remember your mom mixing foods. Does she still stir chocolate cake in vanilla ice cream? The sandwich......I do believe anything is good between 2 slices of bread. I remember my mother telling a story about her making pork n bean sandwiches! For me, I have a hankering for Raman noodles with applesauce stirred in....................

David & Annette Bean said...

Ramen-Well I can assure you I never made that for David at home.
Sounds like the Hansens are asking for a Mac-n-cheese throw down. They both look a little sketchy to me.

Jessi Hansen said...

I'd eat a Ramen sandwich WAY before I'd eat Mac & Cheese w/ applesauce...I'm with David!!